ES - Elfsea Defender

Matthew Saroff saroff at poseidon.vs.lmco.com
Mon Aug 2 14:53:57 PDT 1999

On Aug 2,  4:43pm, Vicki Marsh wrote:
> Subject: RE: ES - Elfsea Defender
> Actually, Combat boots are not bad, if they are not OD green or camo -
> Vietnam issue.
	Actually they are bad.  The combat boot as we know it is really almost
post Civil War, one finds canvas shoes rather earlier.  The swoosh is not
period, but fyflots are.
	Because everyone wears combat boots, they kind of fade into the
background, this doesn't make them any more period.
> Tennis shoes with Nike swooshes are bad.  And if they are your favorite
> fighting shoes, you can make spats to cover them.
	The Nike swosshes are bad, but generally sneakers are not in any
historical sense.

--
Matthew Saroff
Do not reply directly to this message.  Reply to
msaroff at pobox.com