ES - Soccer shoes?

Marsh, Todd W. ToddMarsh at sierrasys.com
Wed Aug 4 08:12:17 PDT 1999

Actually, a year ago at Defender I made the request that people try to be
less mundane on the list field.  I said then that this year we would be
stricter.  This wasn't triggered by a recent event.

The only specific example of blatant abuse I can give is a fencing
tournament at Pensic last year.  Ansteorran fighters thought it strange that
some fighters from other kingdoms wore cleats for better traction.  They
must have thought the tournament was only an athletic competition.

Our tournaments are a place for fighters to show their prowess.  They are
also a place to show honor, courtesy, chivalry, and style.  It's hard to
look noble when you're wearing carpet armor.  It's hard to sound honorable
when you say "Light to the face".  We can all try to do better.  Attempting
to look better on the list field is a good first step.

Llywelyn