ES - HTML

Matthew Saroff saroff at poseidon.vs.lmco.com
Tue Aug 24 10:53:03 PDT 1999

On Aug 24, 12:07pm, nmc8278 at UTARLG.UTA.EDU wrote:
> Subject: ES - HTML
>
> This is aurelia from three bridges.   I am only making a small request and
> that is if it is possible could those who tend to send their e-mail  in
> HTML try to set if for text also.  Unfortunately the system we have here
> is realy, realy cheap and most of the messages come out as pure junk.  And
> I have received requests from people and I don't even know what is says.
Hi,
	I would actually argue that netiquette would indicate that people are
sending messages to a list, the message should be sent out as TEXT ONLY.
	Posting in HTML adds about 20% overhead over a text message, and
posting in both HTML and text places a 120% penalty as vs text.
	The fact is that bold and underline are not part of the conventions of
email, so you can go with plain text, with all caps to SHOUT.
	There is also the issue of Outlook quoting in a funny way, but that's a
later rant.
	To fix some of the behavior here some hints:
*	In netscape 4.x, edit>preferences>mail & newsgroups>formatting
	Select "Use plain text editor" and "Convert the message into plain
text.
*	In MS Outlook this should be under Tools>options>, and it should be in
	some place similar for Internet Explorer, which I never use, as it
gives
	me gas.

--
--Sfi Mordehai ben Yosef Yitzhak, Aka Matthew G. Saroff

This is not the Dream.  This is what I do on weekends to have some fun.

The Dream involves 4 sets of identical twins, 2 gallons of Cool
Whip, 5 quarts of chocolate syrup, 2-1/4 pounds of strawberries,
satin sheets, a magnum of champagne, a trapeze, and a python.
Check http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page
Good luck Mr. Gorsky