ES - some more good news

Matthew Saroff saroff at poseidon.vs.lmco.com
Thu Aug 12 08:05:18 PDT 1999

On Aug 12,  9:53am, Paul Mitchell wrote:
> OK!  Ok!  Wow, it never even occurred to me to raise
> an eyebrow at "apprentice" in such a casual usage.
> Everybody who takes an interest knows that Lord Erik
> has been learning blacksmithing from Lord Logan for
> quite some time, nobody thinks Logan is claiming to
> be a laurel, and I never heard that Logan was claiming
> to teach Erik how to be a peer, nor did I ever see
> Erik wearing a green belt.
>
> So relax, no big deal.
Hi,
	Thankfully, it's not an issue here.  In some other kingdoms, those
responsible for deforestation by virtue or the sticks up their butts, it is.
	The problem is that unlike squire, apprentice has a valid usage outside
of the society with (in some cases, like apprentice welder) some legal
validity.

--
Matthew Saroff
Do not reply directly to this message.  Reply to
msaroff at pobox.com