ES - Cook's question

Sue Dittrich dittrich at flash.net
Wed Dec 8 15:52:08 PST 1999

----

>So what's cookin'?

I'm trying a new, fun recipe for the Tor Artisan competition.  It's a recipe
for "Stuffed Little Birds."  It calls for stuffing the cavity with cheese
and marrow, then roasting them with a wrapping of bacon/pork fat and fresh
bay leaves.  I'm using doves instead of quail, but I think it'll work.
Come and see me (if you're not too busy in the kitchen) and I'll be happy to
give you a taste.
  I think I will try to use the marrow and see how it tastes.  Always
something new in Elfsea....

Genevieve

Use butter or even your favoite cooking oil instead of