ES - RE: Rapier Armour Workshop?

Valentyn valentyn at gte.net
Mon Jul 26 08:03:48 PDT 1999

Good morning Elfsea!

A number of new rapier fighters, both youth and adult, have asked me
about making light armour.  I, however, am amongst the 2% of the SCA
which does not sew.  There seems to be enough interest in rapier
armour right now to warrant a workshop, if anyone out there has
the experience and interest in teaching it.  I wouldn't be much
help on the construction, but I'd show up myself to lend moral support
and answer questions about the rule requirements.

If anyone out there would like to lead a workshop on this subject,
please contact me and I'll try to arrange it -- I know you'd have
plenty of willing students.

Valentyn