ES - Youth Boffer

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Mon Jul 26 09:36:09 PDT 1999

Caelin -

>Which gives us a chance to recruit the parent(s). That is
>nearly the way in which I found the SCA. It is the way
>in which I was recruited into leading Boy Scout units.
>Yes, we are a family group and not a youth organization.
>But the enthusiasm of kids is often the pull to get the
>adults interested in a broader involvement in the SCA.
>
>Caelin

Before posting such flyers, there should be:

1.  Signed, settled boffer rules.  Which we don't
have, and don't seem so close to as I'd hoped.
Please consult with Sir Timo.

2.  A warranted Elfsea Boffer marshal, willing
to take this additional responsibility on.
(Interested parties should contact Lord Caelin
and Centurian Romanus, the Regional Boffer Marshal).

3.  Commitments from the Hospitaller and Minister
of Children to support this effort.  Possibly
deputies to both these offices focussed on this
would be called for.

That's what I think.

- Galen of Bristol
Boffer Marshal-at-large