ES - FW: Highland Games

Brenda L Chan breee at juno.com
Wed Jun 9 15:44:44 PDT 1999

Aiiiiiiiii......My Dearest Lady........but they did come!!!!!!!!!!!!
And how Grand they were!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not there as an SCA person at this event and I did not know about
it either......

To me SCA is not just one Barony or place...........
it is a community of kindred spirits.
And I'm very sturborn in that way.
I am old and I have learned..........

Most spend their time looking at Who's fault it is?  And why did it
happen.
Or why didn't it happen or why was no one there?

When you are old........you have to just spend your time making it work.
For your time is precious and so are those around you.............

And until the grave.............I shall whisper........."I will make life
fair".

When I remember the sparkle in the eyes of the children and the smile on
the face of the adults standing on the hill looking down onto the field
(which had a field marshall in it)  I know in my heart that...........
The Dream was fulfilled...........by a wish and a prayer and those that
came.........no embarrasement, Great Lady.

bree~