ES - defender culture

Donald Riney dariusobells at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 11:58:49 PDT 1999

Allesandre makes some very good points. and moving more to the Comunity
seting is one of the goals of this idea. the judging need not neccesarily be
done at all, it just seems used as a carrot to persuade mor gentles to
display there skills. as I have stated this shift would not neccesarily
eliminate culture camps, As Allesandra stated they could have a team
dedicated as ambassedors to the town square (Embassy row??). Nor would an
"embassy' at the square neccesarily have to have a huge encampment backing
them up. not all Ambassedors travelled with a large staff.

So at that point both activities become possible. The question then becomes
are both at once feasable? A cuurent Idea is to have the town square in the
area to the left of the list field as it is aproached from camp, thus having
it accesable to the merchants fighting and the general populace. Another
sugestion has been spliting the town squar in two areas, one to be toured at
lunchish time and the other towards eavening.

again what do people think, lets keep this going. this could be a very
intertaining and interesting evolution of the culture displays in Elfsea.
Darius and Rosalia
Stewards of Defender XXI

>I like the desire to make things more central,
>more community.  In the past, I think there have
>been problems with having the separate camps.
>People didn't mingle.  So the idea of a Town
>Square is quite good.
>
>What about this:  each camp should have an
>"ambassador", a spokesman.  They set up an
>"embassy" around the list field or other
>common area, showing their native talents
>and culture.  During the day, people may visit
>these embassies and also be able to watch the
>tournament.  (Perhaps ambassadors could even
>sponor a round using weapon styles of their
>native country.)

<slash>