ES - defender culture

MaraofRede at AOL.com MaraofRede at AOL.com
Fri May 21 19:13:18 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/21/99 9:02:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
miligan at anet-dfw.com writes:

> If you like the Culture Camps, don't just bemoan their passing; please
>  volunteer to help set one up, or to be the coordinator.  There have been
>  some wonderful Culture Camps done in the past, and I've seen the work
>  that goes into them.  All too often, it has been a very few people in
>  each encampment working like slaves for weeks before the event and like
>  possessed people the Friday night and Saturday morning of the event.  My
>  hat is off to these gentles; as a longtime Cub and Scoutmaster, I can
>  appreciate the work that goes into this kind of event.  Just saying that
>  we like it and it's such a shame that we aren't going to do it anymore,
>  jump in with both feet and help make it happen.
>  	Like so many things that we do, if there aren't enough people willing
>  to share the burden, soon no one will do it, as the few putting in the
>  effort will get burned out.
>
>  	And you can't get out of it by saying "But I've never done it before"
-
>  there's a first time for everybody, and nobody starts out with
>  experience.  Go for it -- you'll do a better job than you might think.

Here! Here! Absolutely right. And if you would like advice on how to get
started, ask anyone who has ever done one; this includes myself, Ms. Stella,
Ms. Reginlief, and many others. I will be glad to help in any way short of
doing it myself. Been there, done that, destroyed my feet....
HL Mara