ES - defender culture

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Fri May 21 14:13:06 PDT 1999

Galen here...

Our Baroness posted a note which bounced, apparantly because
if contained one of the secret forbidden text strings.  If I tell
you what it was, though, this message will bounce, and so not
get posted.  With _very_ minor editing, here is what our illustrious
warrior baroness wanted you to know

- Galen
List admin

____________________________________

Greetings, from Baroness Xene,

>Krzysztof Kopernik wrote:

> > If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Well, it is broke.  That's why we are trying to come up with ideas to fix
it.

There have been a few dedicated (and somewhat insane) people who have
invested great amounts of time, energy, and _money_ into doing the culture
camps.  Most have been from Elfsea.

The people of Elfsea are our greatest resource, and it is our duty to
protect our resources.  This year we are very busy with many, many different
projects, including ATYC.

Last year at Defender, I made the announcement that if there were not groups
from outside of the Barony who wanted to put on the camps, that we wouldn't
do them anymore.  I have not heard a very large uproar from anyone.

Ask Reginleif about what it takes to do a whole encampment.

Basically, we are trying to come up with a smaller culture camp concept.  I
like the idea of the Embassy Row.  Another idea that was tossed around was
the "Cooking Culture competition".

It is easy to say that something is a good idea.  It is another to be able
to follow through with it.  "Who will bell the cat?" said the mouse.

Please, everyone, feel free to add your ideas.  This is what this forum is
for.

Thank you,

Xene