ES - Eadric is home

Carolyn Smith Pennington mara_of_rede at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 11:37:13 PDT 1999

Eadric is out of the hospital as of this morning. He
did not have a heart attack, although there is
evidence he had one in the past. He has no major
blockages, although a small portion of his heart is
dead due to lack of blood circulation. He only has the
use of 20% of the left side of his heart.
He is trying to quit smoking and is only a very
restricted diabetic diet. We are learning ways to deal
with the neuropathy (pain in his feet and hands caused
by severe nerve damage). He has seen a doctor about
all these things for years, but it took two days in
ICU and two more in the hospital to get his attention,
and to get some concrete suggestions and ideas on how
to deal with these things.
We are tired, stressed and more than a little
punch-drunk. But we are coping and adjusting.
But due to this and the scare I had about my own
health recently, I have asked Lord William Palfrey to
take over Yule Revel feast. I will help him as much as
I can, but right now my family's needs are more
pressing, and I am having to learn another type of
menu. Understand that this was something I very much
wanted to do for a very long time, and I am very
disappointed. I WILL do it, in the future.
Thank you for all your kind wishes for Eadric, and
myself. Love to all of you.
Mara

=====
Better a good run than a bad stand.