ES - Fw: Coronation

Roy Heath the_one_true_roy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 12:25:40 PDT 1999

The hall will probably accept that number of tables if we limit the space used at the back for
merchants and other activities.  The larger question, in my mind, is making it so that the
ceremony is not excruciatingly boring for everyone past the third table.  Without
amplification, there is no possibility whatsoever of anyone further from the stage hearing
anything including whether their name or order is being called.  This tends to make those who
can't hear restless and they begin to do things which make noise.  This makes those
immediately in front of them unable to hear and they becomre restless and start making noise.
It's a real problem and I think that <HERESY ALERT> much as I HATE to admit it, we should
consider using the PA system and wireless microphones for those who will speak often so that
those in the back of the hall can hear </HERESY ALERT>.

Erc