ES - Kragenworth Keep Competition

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 12:20:18 PDT 1999

Greetings from the Bard of Kragenworth Keep!

Allow me to shortly thank publicly all those who have congratulated me
on winning this title.  The competition was stiff, there were several
people I was unsure if I was going to be able to beat, including Sir
Galen who by audience choice performed my favorite piece he does.  Sir
Galen was also the person who took "Aten Man" by Master Ioseph of
Locksley and changed it to be about Ansteorra, which was the piece I
performed in the competition.  Finally, I would be sorely remiss if I
did not also thank my lady, Anezka of Thornhold, for inspiring and
encouraging me both here and in Mendersham (from afar in that case).

I would also like to extend an invitation to everyone in Elfsea to
attend the monthly "Tarkus' Bardic"s.  This is one of the highlights of
my month, as a relaxed, in garb evening open both to performers AND to
the general populace to just listen.  Yes, we actively enjoy having
people there just to enjoy themselves and listen to the performers.
Please, consider visiting in the coming months.  The evenings are
getting cooler, the bardic fires are getting warmer and we have an
excellent interior hall if the weather is to foul.  Also, remember that
it is very informal.  Most times things are just really getting going
about 10pm, people come and go all through the evening with the last of
us straggling out at somewhere after midnight.

Now, it is the privilege of every Bard of Kragenworth Keep to choose
the format of the competition of his successor.  I have been thinking
deeply on this matter since the competition and have decided.  The bard
who replaces me will do a piece specifically about one, or more, of the
'knightly virtues' (Prowess, Courage, Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity,
Faith, Courtesy and Franchise).  I will not be a judge, I will select
individuals who are in attendance to judge, but I will be give them my
opinion if they ask for it.  Furthermore original pieces will be given
an edge, pieces which are period in subject and form will be given an
even greater edge.

If you have any questions about this, I encourage you to write me at
timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com and ask.  I also offer my assistance,
as I am able, to every competitor, again simply write to me at the
above address.

Lord Timothy of Glastonbury
Bard of Kragenworth Keep