ES - Upcoming Events

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at insurdata.com
Wed Sep 29 12:37:54 PDT 1999

On Wednesday, September 29, 1999 1:39 PM, davihayes at na.ko.com
[SMTP:davihayes at na.ko.com] wrote:

> Since I don't yet have access to either the Black Star or the Elfsea
> Scroll, I
> was wondering if anyone could forward the basic details of the following
> two
> events: Crown Tournament and Kingdom Eisteddfodd (spelling?). After
> having so
> much fun at Elfsea Defender, I'm really looking forward to my next event.
> Also,
> heartfelt thanks to all of my fellow heavy fighters who so graciously let
> me
> borrow so many needed items like gauntlets, pole arms, etc..
>
> Dunstan Cenegehygd

Crown Tournament is being held at the same site as Gothic War was held, in
Sweetwater TX, hosted by the shire of Mendersham.  It is the weekend of the
15-16-17th.

Kingdom Eisteddfodd is, apparently, being held at Weisenfurer Yule Revel the
same weekend at our own Canton of Dragon's Fire Tor Yule.  In case you
didn't know it is the bardic competition to choose the next Premiere Bard of
Ansteorra.  This is, I believe, the second weekend in December.

I will not be at Eisteddfodd this year, I will be at Tor Yule Revel, as I am
upset with the 'Bardic College' coordinators consistently choosing to place
major College events against smaller events of Elfsea or its Cantons.

> P.S. For those poor heralds who struggled with my surname at the lists
> this
> weekend, here's my best shot at writing how it is pronounced in Old
> English:
> Chain-uh-ya-heeyoo-dee

I am sure that the Heralds appreciate your efforts, and will appreciate it
more if you put that on your sign-in card during the next list.

Timothy of Glastonbury
Protege' to Viscount Galen of Bristol
Coordinator for Field Heralds at Elfsea Defender XXI
Herald in Charge for the upcoming Crown Tournament
Bard