ES - Trolling at Elfsea Defender

Amy & Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Mon Sep 6 15:31:38 PDT 1999

First of all I would like to thank those who have already volunteered
for Troll at Defender.  As for the rest of you.....

You are all invited to help at the Defender Troll
Booth.

"What," you say, "are you asking me to do?"
   Greet folk as they arrive, help them sign-in, and
collect site fees.

"How will I know what to do?"
   You already know what to do, you have done it at
every event.
However I will provide a 'cheat sheet' with all
necessary instructions.
If I write really big I might be able to fill one
page.

"I was going to meet lord this-and-such and lady
so-and-so"
   Well what better place to meet them than the one
place everyone goes
at the event?  Or you could both volunteer and spend a
quick two hours
with them meeting old friends and making new friends
at the troll
booth.

"But I don't have the stuff you need."
   We supply pens, papers, waivers, site tokens,
change, light, shelter,
etc.  All that you need is a smile.  When someone
pulls in after a long
drive, nothing looks a welcome as a smile.

"How will I answer people's questions?"
   You will have your cheat sheet with all the answers
about
signing-in.  There will be a site map that the
already-arrived people
can put their locations on.  You will have a
walkie-talkie to contact
the autocrat.  And I will be camped right across the
road.  However when
people pull-in at 3 in the morning after a long drive,
you will have to
be able to direct them to the nearest privy.

"Why?"
   Because Elfsea needs you, and I need you.

   Now that I have removed all possible objections I
am sure your only
remaining question is how do I volunteer?
   To volunteer, or to ask which shifts are still
open, contact me (Lord
Mableth) at awmorris at flash.net or call (817) 589-7034.
   As of the morning of Sunday, August 29 the
following shifts are open:

Friday noon - 2:00 both seats
Saturday 2:00 - 4:00 (AM) both seats
Saturday 4:00 - 6:00 (AM) both seats
Saturday 6:00 - 8:00 (AM) both seats
Saturday 8:00 - 10:00 (AM) both seats
Saturday 10:00 - noon one seat

All other slots already have volunteers, sorry.

If you want more information about Elfsea Defender,
see your Black Star, the Elfsea Scroll or
http://home.earthlink.net/~dmmerlick/elfsea.html.