ES - armor question

Ctopher069 at AOL.com Ctopher069 at AOL.com
Wed Apr 19 12:26:47 PDT 2000

     I am having to make my armor due to cost (which IM sure all know how
that is). I am making a brigadine and putting metal plates in it. IM planning
on making the helm, gorget, gauntlets, 1/2 gauntlets, elbow cops (3 or 5
piece with dragon wings), and 3/4 legs with thigh protection and 5 pc knees
with dragon wings  out of metal.  I was wondering what side gauge would be
best to use.

Here is my Delia. I have called around and gotten a price of 14 gauge cold
rolled mild steel sheet for 30.00.  What my original thought was to make helm
out of 14 gauge and the rest out of 16 guar. but in doing that the price
jumps up to 40-75 bucks depending who I buy from.

Would paying the little extra be a better idea and get the two different
sizes or would just getting the one piece and make it fall from 14 gauge be
better. I know the 14 will be a lil heavier but would it make that big of a
difference.

If getting the two different pieces is better how much of each size should I
get. I was thinking  12 sq. ft. 3x4 of 14 for the helm and 20 sq. feet 4x5 t
of the 16 for the rest

Ideas, suggestions
thanks

Ailgenan