ES - 2nd Annual Padraig's Wake

P. Crandall Polk pcrandal at flash.net
Sun Apr 23 11:00:51 PDT 2000

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain wrote:

> You Are Hereby Invited To
> The Second Annual
> Padraig Ruad O’Maolagain
> Wake and Bardic Beerfest

The funeral people did a marvelous job with Padraig.
They had an "open party" wake with the chairs set up as he would have liked.
Lots of good food and drink.
And Padraig looked better than he had in years.
They had him seated on his favorite chair, with his guitar in his hands, and food and drink near to hand. Playing his best music through hidden speakers was the best touch, and I almost thought I could see him move to the beat.
Then Polydore went and did the unthinkable when he decided to pour some of his best Uisgebaugh down the throat of our dear departed friend.
That Irish "water of life" truely has magical powers as Padraig shook himself, stood up and stated he needed a small rest before playing even more songs.
The celebration really started then and songs were sung and stories were told.
And that is when the Gods realized what had happened and lightening and thunder filled the skies. Even They wanted to help celebrate.
A wonderful time was had by all and we plan on many more years of hearing the great voice of Padraig, filling campsites and halls in the future.

Life is truely good in Elfsea. And her spirit grows warm in Loch Ruadh.

Crandall