ES - response to role playing

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 18 07:32:28 PDT 2000

Your Grace,

>This  statement embodies what I feel I do when
>I play  persona. Well said!!

Thank you for your kind words.  I appreciate your notice of
my efforts, no matter how small they may be.

>As to the matter of doing fantasy.  The article that it is found in talks
>about us studying the fantasies of the middle ages, >their ought of beens.
>For example, the fair and great knight was an >ought of been. <snip>

Thank you for your clarification.  I understand better now with the
statement "Not as it was, but as it should have been."  What we should be
doing is living for the ideal of our medieval counterparts.  In some ways we
probably can do better than they originally did (although we still only can
do it on weekends.)  This cheers me immensely and makes me feel that I'm
able to do better now with this clarification.  Molte bene, Grazi!

Alessandra Desiderio
(Baroness of Elfsea)