ES - Lughnasad

Christine Fink maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 12:00:55 PDT 2000

Buenos Dias!

I was very pleased with Loch Rudh's event this past weekend. What a great
job you all did!!

I really have to commend Lord Padraig and the other lords (I'm sorry I don't
remember your names) at the outstanding job you did at the water baloon
melee. The water baloon melee was actually boys against girls. OK, maybe I'm
a little biased, but the girls saturated the boys and walked from the field
a little drier than the boys. :)

The children's bardic was my first bardic circle ever and I must say I was
very impressed how brave our children were at getting up and performing in
front of a group. When Ryan asked me if he participate in the bardic circle,
I had some reservations because I thought he might get up there and not be
able to perform (stage fright). I almost fell out of my chair from
astonishment when he "read" his piece as though he had been doing it for
many years! I was so very proud of him!!

In the children's A&S competition, there were only 3 competitors. My
daughter Diane and 2 other children (I don't remember their names). Each
child walked away with an award for best of their age group. Diane won best
overall for her gown. Thank you to all of you who complimented her on her
gown! We are looking into another project for her to make for her next
competition!

Also, Ryan was called into court by Don Duncan. All day long Ryan helped Don
Duncan with his gear; and helping get ready for the field and helping him
off of the field (getting (un)dressed and with his weapons). As a token of
his appreciation, he gave Ryan his prize from winning the rapier list, a
brand new buckler handmade by Lord Carroll. Don Duncan went on to say that
Ryan was turning 6 this week and that Ryan was very interested in boffing
and heavy fighting. He recommended to Our Excellancy and the heavy fighters
amongst our populace that they watch him closely (or something to that
effect, I don;t remember exactly what he said).

Sorry, I know this letter leans heavily on the topic of my children, but I
am so very proud of them. I consider it an honor to call them mine.

Maria