ES - Re: response to role playing

Mordock von Rugen mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 21 14:13:32 PDT 2000

>From: willowjonbardc at juno.com
>Dear Dux,
>When we study
>the dreams of the past we are studying the soul of man.

Very true!  Which is what makes our hobby so very much fun, eh?

>I do agree that each one of us has their own path. I might study social
>history and you might study medieval warfare but the values of the SCA ,
>which we both agree on, tell us to respect each other.  I believe there
>is room, with a little planning, for most of the dreams.

I completely agree - there is a wide variety of ways to pursue our
individual visions of what the SCA is and should be.  I'm glad you put it
this way - I was worried that folks were going to take things as "we should
all start role-playing more, 'cause that's what the SCA is".  I read your
post with considerable relief.

Vivat diversity!  <grin>

Dux