Laurel approved Titles -- Was {ES - The Elfsea Domesday}

Matthew G Saroff msaroff at pobox.com
Tue Aug 29 08:39:39 PDT 2000

"Christine Fink" <maria_elfsea at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hola!
>
> I have a question.....
>
> {{Big Snip}}
> Trivia Point of the Day : Dama (properly D{a'}ma) is the laurel approved
> title for Lady in Czech.
>
> When I took Spanish, I was told that the title for a lord and lady in Spain
> was Don and Donna (spelling?), respectively. I know that once I get my AoA,
> it would not be proper to use this title to designate myself by unless I was
> a white-scarf. My question is this...Is there a Laurel approved title for
> those that have Spanish personnas?

	There was a Laurelate ruling in 1993 (so it might have been
changed) that Don and Dona (with the ~ over the "n" I think) were
acceptable terms for lord and lady.  The chief laurel mucky-muck
at the time was in fact an Ansteorran Don, so it wasn't someone
thumbing their noses at the light weapons folk.
	Please note that the ruling may have changed.
	While it still may be legally true according to the Laurelate,
it is certainly outside the social norms of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
	Maybe you want to consider something Portuguese?

--
--Sfi Mordehai ben Yosef Yitzhak, Aka Matthew G. Saroff

This is not the Dream.  This is what I do on weekends to have some fun.

The Dream involves 4 sets of identical twins, 2 gallons of Cool
Whip, 5 quarts of chocolate syrup, 2-1/4 pounds of strawberries,
satin sheets, a magnum of champagne, a trapeze, and a python.
Check http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes