Laurel approved Titles -- Was {ES - The Elfsea Domesday}

Christine Fink maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:36:08 PDT 2000

Oh, I wouldn't dare use the white scarf's title! It's bad enough that I'm a
pin cushion right now...I don't want to _think_ about what they would do to
me if I used their title unwarranted! <giggle>

If Senor (Mr.), Senora (Mrs.) or Senorita (Ms.) are used though it would the
same as me calling you Mr. Darius rather than Lord Darius. Translation wise,
it doesn't make sense.

I know that there is another word for Lord or Lady (in Olde Spanish) that
was used. My Spanish instructor was from Madrid, Spain and she told us what
the other title (as a passing statement in class). But, because it was a
passing statement, I fluffed it off thinking I wouldn't ever need it. Huh!
Boy was I wrong! :)

Would anybody know what that title would be or maybe where I might find it
in the library?

Maria
(who just loves stumping the heralds, starting a good debate, and asking
Jeopardy-level trivia questions) ;)

----Original Message Follows----
Ahhh here is where we get into the College of arms verses kingdom custom.
the Laural approved Spanish alternative is indeed Don or Dona, according to
Ansteorran custom we use Sengior, or Sengiorita. Thoug an individual would
be correct in ansteorra to use the title Don or Dona, as an alternative to
Lord or Lady, I wouldn't personaly recomend it. I have a friend whos actual
name is "Don" it got a mite confusing when at his second event when he had
still yet not chosen a name he entered the rapier list. It was entertaining,
it was also the day before he raided the local heralds books and chose a
name (any name would do
at that piont, so long as he could avoid one more person asking when he was
made a white scarf)

Darius