ES - Heraldic question

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Tue Dec 12 19:27:00 PST 2000

You have several options: get permission to conflict from Diana de Savigny,
modify your device enough
to get another CD, or start over. With any of these, you may then resubmit
(a timely resubmit does not
require another fee in Ansteorra). There are several easy changes which
might erase this conflict: changing tinctures, changing the decrescent
to something else, adding a chief, adding a bordure, etc. Some of these are
SCAisms. That is, they were fairly
rare in period, but fairly common in the SCA. Any such changes can be
checked against the O&A (Ordinary and
Armorial) and submitted to SCAHRLDS for a quick check before resubmitting.
If it gets by all these checks, it
will probably pass Laurel (but nothing is certain).

Unless others on the Elfsea list want to follow this, we should probably
move it to SCAHRLDS which is a known world list for heralds. They do this
kind of thing all the time.
On the other hand, if Elfsea wants to do participate in this and you are
willing, we can keep it here.

Caelin