ES -Eisteddfod

Padraig Ruad padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Fri Dec 15 12:50:57 PST 2000

>I was just wondering if I would be able to perform for people at 12th
>Night without entering the competition.
>Also, doesn't the Wandering Bardic have a theme: Wandering of Travelling?
>If so, I guess I will have to find more pieces.
>
>I want to start performing, but I just don't have a lot memorized.  Is it
>a really bad to have a "cheat sheet"?
>
>Cait

I'm sure there will be ample opportunity at 12th Night to entertain.  Not everyone will be listening to the Eisteddfod competition, and the site is a large hall - there could be half a dozen bards performing at any given time, and none would be interfering with the performance of another.

The theme for Wandering Bardic as set by the current holder of the cloak is indeed Traveling or Wandering.  There will be other pieces performed as well, that will not be part of the competition.  No problem with a "cheat sheet" - many bards use them, and even I have been known to resort to the written page on (frequent) occasions.  All part of the learning process.

And Galen - it's just a fact that you don't tend to blow your own horn.  As my wise and learned father once told me, "Humility is for those with nothing to brag about."

Padraig