ES - Stepping Down

Amy and Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Mon Feb 7 23:16:36 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Nolen Dale <fairborn at swbell.net>
To: <elfsea at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 11:27 PM
Subject: Re: ES - Stepping Down

> Let me assure one and all that great pains are being taken to inform all
> that live within Elfsea that this polling will be done at the populace
> meeting on the 28th. This list obviously is a great tool and is being used
> to help spread the word about the polling on the 28th of February. Also,
the
> local chronicler is sending out postcards to all subscribing members on
the
> local newsletter listing.  This information will be announced to all who
> attend local fighter practices. There is not much else that can be done.

Wrong.  The traditional means of notifying a Barony is by the kingdom
newsletter (the Black Star) or by mailing a letter to every paid member
within the Elfsea.  This is precisely why Ansteorra maintains a list which
can be used to contact all members.

> If
> you are unable to attend,you can send your opinions to Their Majesties
> directly.

Wrong again.  So far there has been no proposal to either extend the time of
polling beyond 28 Feb or to notify those who can't be present of who the
candidates are.   I must agree with you that allowing this kind of messages
would be an excellent idea.

>I know that they will give it careful consideration. Let me
> address one more question of pollings done in writing. While pollings in
> writing are the norm, personal pollings by the Crown, talking with the
> populace is a great gift. I suggest if there is anyway possible, that you
> speak with the Crown at the baronial polling, this is both unusual and
> wonderful at the same time.

I agree.  It's totally irrelevent to the issues raised, but that is
certainly true.

> Also pollings do not require that the votes be in writing.

Wrong yet again.  Corpora, and hence their Majesties coronation oaths
require that the opinion of the Barony be received in writing.

> Master Richard Fairbourne
> Seneschal for the Kingdom of Ansteorra
> "Communication is the key

It's getting late and I'm getting cranky.  Can we agree to do as Master
Richard (our kingdom seneschal) suggests and allow for postal responses once
the entire barony has been notified of the entire list of candidates?

Mableth