ES - Rules for Frugal Costuming Contest?

SiobhanON at AOL.com SiobhanON at AOL.com
Fri Feb 11 09:14:42 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/10/00 5:47:03 PM Central Standard Time,
allessandre at hotmail.com writes:

<< Last year I remember that there was some discussions regarding whether you
 had to price your thread as well as the rest of the accessories.  Rather
 than have a dickering over that, could someone make a ruling about what
 should be included?

Thread is a given, you can't make a garment without it. It'll be a freebee
this year. However, if you use a large quantity of thread to do more than
attach seems, such as make lovely lace, then the cost should be included. If
you combed your sheep, dyed your wool, and then did spin your own thread,
please list your work for extra points. Fabric, trim, buttons, leather for
laces or shoes, hat supplies, gromets, ect should be counted. The most
complete the outfit at the lowest cost is the aim. Decorations, such as
jewelry, do not have to be counted as long as you stipulate they are for the
pleasure of the eye and not a part of the entry. I will publish the judging
forms ahead of time so entrants may have a better idea of what they need to
concentrate on.

Lady Siobhan