ES - impromptu A& S classes on Saturday

Patrick J.Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Mon Feb 7 08:11:02 PST 2000

> Just in case you didn't get enough "learning" at Baronial College, Master
> Petruccio and Mistress Ronna would like to extend an invitation to an
> impromptu A&S gathering at their home in Qunilan this coming
> Saturday, Feb.
> 12.  Master Mayign Red (sp??) of the Kingdom of Attenvelt (sp??
> forgive me)
> will be sharing his skills in metalcasting, cheese making, and
> brewing, and
> we hope to get Angus, the woodworker who was unable to make it to Baronial
> College, to give his class which was cancelled because he was
> called in for
> mundane work.  Mistress Ronna will be available to give card and inkle
> weaving instruction, and anyone who would like to share their skills or
> learn a new one is invited.

As a bit of embellishment on the subject, Master Maynfred will be bringing
all of his handouts on the arts he teaches.  He runs an excellent class on
"Casting on a budget"  basically using a hot plate and terra cotta pots.
If anyone is interested in getting their feet wet on casting, and do not
want to spend a great deal of money starting out, this is one not to miss.
He will also be bringing all his information on cheesemaking, including his
plans for making cheese presses.  Maynfred was always one of the Laurel's
that
I aspired to be like as I was growing up in the Society.  Between his
talent,
his quiet, gentle demeanor, and his rapier wit, he is someone that I
encourage anyone who can to meet.

Angus was very disappointed on being able to attend the college.  He has
a number of wood joints that he made specifically for the class and for
instruction.
This would be an great opportunity for folks in the wookworking community
to compare notes.

Ronnie would be more than happy I'm sure to run through her "EZ Chemise"
class
for any of you ladies interested.  We also have an extensive library on
costuming.

I will probably be making beer and mead on Saturday.  I will also be
doing some instruction on "display" for Arts and Sciences competitions.
There will probably be chicken, pork ribs and Italian sausage on the
grill if anyone is hungry.  We also have a 20x100 yard pasture that we
call pull out the archery butts if anyone is interested in sticking a
couple hay bales.

Hope to see folks there,
   Petruccio