ES - Re: More Wars/Battles

Conor na Mara ackthpffth at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 12:12:02 PST 2000

> That sounds great!  It would be a local event,
> perhaps just a day.  We could
> go to FlagPole Hill or find a meet-in-the-middle
> kind of place.  We should
> allow archerer (really - we should!!)

Meeting in Glaslyn sounds like the best idea. In a
latitude way it is somewhat in the middle and about
equally north from both Elfsea and Steppes. Plus, I
think it's a good idea to actually be in the land
we're fighting over.

> Not so much a 'prize'.  Actually I was thinking more
> along the lines of being able to 'claim' "Ruler of
> the Lands of Glaslyn" for a year.  We would provide
> security against raiders, etc. and they would tithe
> the winning Barony.

Another title could be " the Baronial Defender of
Glaslyn".

> Actually I was thinking more along the lines of
> September/October, about 6
> mos before Gulf War.  That would get the muster up I
> think.  People who
> really got a kick out of participating in this could
> sign up at the event to
> participate in one of the companies assembled there.
>  We could have a
> Steppes company, the Elfsea Arthurian company, and
> the 'mercaneries'(out of
> towners).

Looking at the calendar for September/October 2001 I
think it would be best around the end of october.
Currently, the weekend before Samhain is not taken
with anything in the kingdom. I don't think we should
do it earlier simply because, the month of September
would be dedicated to Defender. The weekend after
defender is open but I'm sure there'll be alot of
people wanting a SCA break that weekend. Crown is at
the beginning of October. So, that leaves possibly
three weekends in October to work with. The other
reason I think we should have it around samhain is
that three kings is the second weekend in November.
That would give us a "warm up" before-hand.

> Perhaps we could have not only battles, but
> competitions for best teamwork
> or something like that.  Something to build
> comeradiery (sp?).

I think this would be great. I don't have any solid
ideas as to what exactly we could do but we've got
time to come up with those. :)

-Conor