ES - Gulf War Meal Participation

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 08:06:54 PST 2000

Hello Everyone,

It's Allessandre again.  I wanted to talk up this Gulf War Share-A-Meal
thing.  Basically, if you are interested for a much less amount of money,
you can eat very well during the war and with much less work.

Everyone who signs up will have at least one activity in meal preparation
during the event (with less people there is more work to do).  There is
cooking and there is cleaning.

Cooking involves bringing enough food for our group and preparing it for
everyone by a set time.  We have done breakfasts (omlettes, pancakes,
oatmeal, etc) and dinners (spaghetti, beef stroganoff, shrimp gumbo, stew,
etc) in the past, but not lunch.  During our planning meeting I will ask if
this should be changed or if we should keep that as usual.  We have also had
a 'common' kitchen where certain foods could be shared throughout the day.
Personal coolers remained that _personal_.

Cleaning involves scrubbing any pots/pans, serving utensils, etc. and making
sure that the central eating & kitchen area is clean.  It does NOT mean
cleaning up everyone's feastware (that is for each person personally).  We
usually use plastic (it's so much easier) so there is rarely this problem.

You do not need to camp with us to have this privelege, but it does pay to
camp close to Elfsea.  I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sharing
meals with us.  Let me know if you are interested by Moot (Jan 24th).

Ciao,
Allessandre