ES - Artisan Judging

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Fri Jan 28 21:01:53 PST 2000

No begging required - I understand the problem quite well.  I am also
teaching a class - Juliana promised me morning (still 11?) because of the
Artisan judging.  The autocrat and I had discussed having judging run
from 1 to 5, but I note that it says on the web site 12 to 4, and
somewhere else I thought I saw 12 to 3.  That pretty much doesn't give me
any time for lunch.  I know last year the judging was a team thing, so I
assume it will be again this year.

I have asked that each artisan fill out a form/card with full name and
titles plus a list of categories on display.  There should also be room
for a note about a class schedule if you need to put that on there.  We
will pick up the card/form when we do the judging (or I will anyway -
this is my attempt to remember some names to go with faces - I'm bad
about that).  We will *certainly* try to work around schedules, since one
of the objects of the team judging is to get a chance to talk with each
Artisan about their work.  Just remember that we have to finish the
judging in time to complete scrolls and organize any prizes.  The
discussions of these things take some time for us - there are always so
many wonderful things to see and talk about!  I'm not sure I am looking
forward to having to make a decision!  Anyway, we will work with
everybody the best we can.  Thanks.

Suzanna, herbalist, current Artisan of Elfsea

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:19:33 -0600 "Wainwright-Sims, Jewell"
<jwainwright at taylorpub.com> writes:
>I have tried to schedule morning classes for those competing for
artisan, but I was not aware you were.  I have asked most people, but I
apologize if I neglected to ask you.  I can move your classes to one
right after  the other in the morning so you have the afternoon clear, or
we can wait until the event and alert Suzanna (current artisan) and beg
her to give you a specific time to be in the judging area.

>Julianna
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I and others may be in this situation.  I ahve vollunteered to teach
three classes (and one for the kids) but also want to be in the
competition for Elfsea artisan.  I know that in past years judges have
made the attempt to work in packs.  Can any arrangement be made for those
who volluntered to teach to be present when their display is being
judged?  I would like to be able to get comments and the judge's
impressions of my work.