ES - Armoring supplies

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Fri Jan 7 08:54:38 PST 2000

>I am building armor and have almost every thing I need.  But I am still
>looking for rivets to make my helmet with though.  Does anyone know where
>I can get rivets?
>
>Also, I have access to scrap steel in various guages and occasionally to
>kydex plastic.
>

>Charles O. Baucum Jr.

If you are speaking of metalworking rivets to actually assemble the helm, a solution that several people I know have used is to get nails with the desired size head and shaft, and use a grinder, metal cutting blade or bolt cutter to trim them off to the necessary length, and voila!  (as opposed to viola, which is an oversized fiddle).

For other uses (leatherwork, strap attachment, etc.), The Leather Factory has a good selection of brass rivets, screw rivets, and standard rivets (put together and beat with a hammer).

Padraig

--
May you live as long as you want, and love as long as you live.