ES - Defender

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Mon Jul 31 21:23:46 PDT 2000

I am sorry that I left out my reason for not being able to do a culture
camp.  Right now camping with a 3 year old (who take 2 hours sometimes and
numerous trip out of room before she goes to sleep) and a baby is a bit
problematic for me.  I also have my own physical issue at the moment that I
would rather not go into.  I think camping is something that will be out
for another couple of years at least.

Part of my idea for a class on Jewish customs was to have food.  I was
thinking of setting a space to look like the inside of a Jewish home on the
Sabbath and add something from each holiday.  The food part would be the
traditional Sabbath fare plus a couple of things (depending on how much
prep time I have) for other holidays.

I am curious about how many people are interested.  If I know in advance
how many people are interested, I can plan accordingly.  September will be
a busy month for me because I have a new job (I am an educational
diagnostician at a charter school) and the state is coming to do an audit
September 27-29.

Sindara