ES - Hello

Kittieux at AOL.com Kittieux at AOL.com
Tue Jul 25 13:11:17 PDT 2000

  Hello!  I was at the Moot last night, but with all the business, only had a
chance to speak to Brighid briefly. My name is Lynn and my husband Jeff and I
are interested in joining the SCA. We used to play down at Middleford a few
years ago. We went to a few local events & just loved it. Then we went to
Germany for 3 years & got involved in theatre...can't do both & the theatre
was my job.  Anyway, we are recently relocated to this area and (finally)
settled down from the Army. Being away from the SCA for a few years, we have
no garb. I do know ( a little) about sewing, but at this point have no
machine. I can make a basic T-tunic by myself. With instruction, I can make
more complicated garmets.  (you know...is THIS how I do that??)  I would be
interested in getting together with someone who does sew to help me get
started until I get a machine of my own.  I am also interested in learning
medieval dance, calligraphy.  My (personal) genealogy is Scottish, so I am
interested in a Scottish persona. I'm trying to convince my hubby that he
needs a kilt....
   My husband Jeff is interested in making armour. He learned about making
chainmail from Lord James La Crane (Middleford).  His back does not allow him
to fight (2 bad discs) but he would like make armor for others to indulge in
the sport.
  Our oldest daughter Lauren (11) is interested in being a fighter. We spoke
briefly with Baron Gaelin ( I hope I spelled that right!) on Sunday at
Fighter Practice about that & hope to learn more about it.  Our youngest
daughter, Brianna (4) is mostly interested in the "ladies with pretty
dresses."
   Anyway, we would love to meet everyone and hope we get the opportunity.
You may email me at: kittieux at aol.com or call 817-485-4489.
Lynn