ES - Elfsea Defender Chivalric Tourney

housedragonstar housedragonstar at prodigy.net
Wed Jun 14 18:34:07 PDT 2000

I do believe that our steward has a clever idea here.

Think of the pomp and showmanship of having some rather impressive entrances
on the field of all those fighters coming one after the other - one would
practically swoon from the heralds' cries of their patrons' names and the
sight of such pageantry as rapier and chivalric fighters entered the field.
Imagine how nice it would be to be able to armor down and cool off between
rounds.  (Remember how hot September can be.)  And of course, all the ladies
would expect the cadets to be out in force to impress them with their
courtly graces and tempt them with gifts of fine chocolate or whatever else
Her Excellency might find to her palate's liking.  And let's not forget
those who want to be cadets and of course, the White Scarfs would have to
show all of them how to behave with style and grace, setting the example for
all.  Then, we watch them fight, whilst we are wooed by stories and songs
from those who carry our favor onto the list with their chivalric weapons
and they tell us their last pairing on the field.  The squires, learning
from their knights the arts of combat and of courtly love, seek to impress
both the ladies and their peers both on and off the field and then to have
your fighter tell you how much it meant to them knowing that you were
watching.  Such strong fighters, humbled by their consorts looks and
sighs...yes... I can certainly see the benefits of a day spent like that.
And let us not forget the archers, who shoot for the honor of our fair
barony as well.  I am sure that at some point a "progress" to the archery
area could be arranged.

To be a Defender of Elfsea would certainly be a mark of distinction - for
how many "defenders" are there in this kingdom who defend not only the land,
but the heart, as well.

just my .02 worth...well okay, my .25 worth
Medb Liath