ES - Elfsea Defender Chivalric Tourney

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at healthaxis.com
Thu Jun 15 06:13:57 PDT 2000

I believe you miss my point....

Who said that Springfaire should be a Rapier only event?

Right now we have a Heavy and a Light list at both our events, and I see no
reason to change that.  My point was to highlight a particular tournament at
a particular event.  Defender would highlight Armored combat, Springfaire
would highlight Rapier.  Each would also have another major competition
(Archery and Bardic respectfully).

The myth that there must not be Armored combat at an event which highlights
on the selection of our Rapier Champion is just that, a myth.  It does not
have to be one OR the other, just like Defender doesn't HAVE to be one or
the other.  But dividing the /major/ competitions divides the press of time
in the day.

Timothy