ES - Defender - Unregistered Heraldry

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:59:04 PDT 2000

>From: "Rayburn, Timothy" <TRayburn at healthaxis.com>
>

>Here is my best piece of advice...
><snip>
>If this makes you to nervous (like I know it does for some) then go >ahead
>and use the black star tabard, or something else like it.
>
>Timothy

Dear Medb Liath (and others who are "heraldically challenged",

You may also do something with someone else's arms,and give that object to
that person to wear during the day.

Example:

There is a fighter you know/love, who could use a crest, but is an absolute
idiot with leather (the armor is chain mail).  You look at his/her arms, and
decide that you could make a nifty crest out of this.  So you carefully tool
and dye the leather with this person's arms, and design it so that it can be
properly mounted to the helm.

When you enter the competition, you give your name, the object and where it
is to be displayed, plus the proper blazon for the heraldry.  Voila!
Fighter has a nifty crest and you have made a beautiful (and useful) object!
  Both of you win word fame, and maybe a really nifty prize to boot!

As long as you have permission from the person for whom you are making the
display, then you should have a limitless field to work with.  Or, use
things that are registered "to the public", like the black star, Elfsea's
ensign, etc.  Just use your imagination.

Love,
Allessandra