ES - Battle of 3 Kings

doug turnage wolf77777 at juno.com
Fri Jun 23 11:51:54 PDT 2000

Dear Sweet Lady

This missive is meant to be in the greatest manner of fun. I would but point
out a few modest facts about the war.Thw war started in 1337. Crecy and
Poitiers were in 1346 and 1354 respectively.Other English victories occured
too for example Majera in 1356.Another fact is that the french recaptured
almost all of their lands by 1390.Yes the english did take some of the lands
back but we had a paranoid king on the throne.  Yes the great mistake of
Agincourt was in 1415 and was a smashing English victory. The result was
that France made a standing army which help to sweep the English off the
continent.So thank you for the lessons of Crecy,Poiters and Agincourt--we
have learned well from them. By the way what was going on in 1453--many
celebration because the English had lost the war.

Bertrand du Guesclin
Constable of France