ES - Elfsea Defender Chivalric Tourney

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 13:26:38 PDT 2000

>From: Darius and Monica <dmmerlick at earthlink.net>
>Moving the rapier list will likely cause as many logistical snags as >it
>fixes I threw it out mainly as an idea. I can argue either side.

I appreciate your ideas.  You and Rosalie have already proven to be a font
worth your weight in gold.

>However, My primary point is that I don't like to see the two >disciplines
>competing with each other. Each has beauty and a sense of >style that the
>other simply can not compare with, because even though >they both involve
>swords, they are different.

I see your point.  Both NEED and DESERVE their own showcase.

>I am also not saying that Rapier _can't_ Compete with Chivalric >fighting
>for attention. I like the idea of fighting for the Honor of >my Baroness in
>this list just as I fight for her Majesty at Queens. We >rapier fighters
>have a flare and vanity that can lend itself very well >to pageantry and
>fun.

Thank you!  Cool, guys (who aren't my husband) fighting for me!  Cool, cool,
cool...  :)

>This said I would have one problem using His Excellencies outline for
>rattan fighting and holding rapier fighting.  The list that Galen
>outlines would be quite lengthy, It also entails our Baroness to be the
>principal in the Ladies Pavilion and part of that tourney choosing the
>Lord Challenger for the melee round. Well how can we rapier fighters
>compete for her attention if she is a rather important part of the
>chivalric list??

DOH!  (Hitting hand against forehead)  You are right.  How can I be in two
places at once?!?  It boggles the mind!

OK Galen, I think we have a leetle problem here.

>Darius
>(Offering a tissue to Her excellency to dry her eyes with)

Grazi! (sniff)
Alessandra