ES - Elfsea Defender Chivalric Tourney

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Wed Jun 14 14:53:32 PDT 2000

Quoting Karie Mitchell <allessandre at hotmail.com>:
<snip>
> I see your point.  Both NEED and DESERVE their own
> showcase.

Which was always an important part of the main idea of
the event.

<snip>

> >This said I would have one problem using His Excellencies outline for
> >rattan fighting and holding rapier fighting.  The list that Galen
> >outlines would be quite lengthy,

About 4 hours total, I'm hoping.

It also entails our Baroness to be the
> >principal in the Ladies Pavilion and part of that tourney choosing the
> >Lord Challenger for the melee round. Well how can we rapier fighters
> >compete for her attention if she is a rather important part of the
> >chivalric list??

Because the rapier list will be on the same field, at a
different time of day.  I have no intention of having the
rapier tourney (which Allessandra is consulting with
rapier fighters to design to be no less splendid than the
chivalric) held at the same time.

> DOH!  (Hitting hand against forehead)  You are right.  How can I be in two
> places at once?!?  It boggles the mind!
>
> OK Galen, I think we have a leetle problem here.

You needn't be in two places at once, love, but do plan
to be very busy that day.  I plan to watch the rapier, as
well.  That too, is important to me.

There will also be a splendiferous archery tourney, with
its own time on the schedule, as well.

Yes, it's a very ambitious day.

Keep that commentary coming!  Only one comment from
someone who might possibly fight in it, so far.

I'm willing to be convinced about moving the Rapier
Defender tourney to Spring Faire, but I do agree with
Siobhan's concern, that would have to be addressed.

- Galen