A note from Galen (was: Re: ES - Jury Duty/Jury Story)

Filemaker paul_mitchell at filemaker.com
Wed Mar 8 15:49:14 PST 2000

What a story!

> Ok, the list admin will prolly suggest we get back on topic soon,
> but....

Nah, the list admin's quitting.  Besides, it's such an interesting
and well-told story.

<snip>
> Once free of our obligation to the court, the D.A.'s lawyers could fill
> us in on the details. The guy and his brother had gone to trial for gang
> raping her before (when she was only 10) and got away with it somehow.
> Her mother had testified against her that time, too. We all sounded a
> sigh of collective relief.

Good job!  Not an enviable position.

BTW, I checked weather.com for the War.  The 7-day forecast
for Lumberton, MS, looks like this:

Today:  Mostly sunny, presently 75F, lo of 63F, mostly cloudy tonight.
Thu:      Mostly cloudy, hi 79F, lo 61F
Fri        Scattered T-storms, hi 78F, lo 57F
Sat       Scattered showers, hi 64F, lo 46F
Sun      Partly cloudy, hi 64F, lo 44F
Mon     Partly cloudy, hi 70F, lo 49F
Tue      Partly cloudy, hi 74F, lo 54F (first day of the War!)

So there is grounds to hope for good weather, though the
possibility of bad certainly remains.

And another thing...

Many people have offered condolences along with their
congratulations to Allessandra and I on being named
Baron-elect and Baroness-elect.  We don't think there's
any reason -- in Elfsea -- for that sentiment, although
we certainly appreciate the thought.  We can imagine that
being Baron of some (to-remain-unnamed) baronies would
be quite a trial, but we're confident that ruling Elfsea, while it
will often be work, will always be fun.

- Galen
(who's had a _very_ productive day, but has _never_ been
called for jury duty)