ES - Armour weight

ladylavina ladylavina at email.com
Wed Mar 8 10:26:03 PST 2000

I have a question for all of you fighter types out there.

My boss was admiring a copy of David Edge and John Miles Paddock's "Arms and Armour of the Midieval Knight, An Illustrated History of Weaponry in the Middle Ages".  He was particularly interested in the armour of that of the knight in the portrait of "St. George and the Dragon", c. 1460 (page 110).  He wanted to know how much that particular armour weighed.

So, here's your trivia question for the day - anyone have any clue as to how much a full set of armour like that portrayed weighed?  The description reads "St. George is wearing a typical Italian 'export amour'"

Lavina