ES - Warlord Report - First Steppes Equestrian Event

JUDE2000 at AOL.com JUDE2000 at AOL.com
Tue May 30 12:37:16 PDT 2000

As you may have read, we had horses in the hall Saturday night during the
tornado.
This was after a very busy day for us and them.
If you didn't hear the presentation Saturday night, some of which got left
out,
We had fifteen riders in our first compitition. Many of whom were visitors
from Stargate. Besides being thanked for participating, I wish to thank them
again for bringing and sharing their horses with us.
We had seven beginners, of which I was one along with our Baroness Catrin.
There was one intermediate rider, our Guild Mistress Aimee de Long Coure.(I
appoligize for any misspellings.)
And seven advanced riders, most from Stargate.

Our winners at the different levels were;
Beginners  -  Nessa the Obstreperous Baroness of Stargate
Intermediate  -  Aimee de Long Coure
Advanced  -  Lady Gwenevere of Gatesedge

We had some exciting moments with the horses that you may not be aware of,
besides having them in the hall.

Sir Alexis generously loned his horse Plum to five different riders before
putting in the fastest ride himself. Almost a full minute faster than any
other rider. Although we do not advise using his style of dismount, unless
you have been trained to it.
At the end of her run Plum slid on the dry, newly mown grass. Sir Alexis did
an emergency dismount. I didn't see this myself, however I did hear it.
"THUD." (Bodies were in the way.)

Lady Gwenevere of Gatesedge won the compitition after a very long day. She
left home, in Stargate, early in the morning, hauling a trailer with two
horses. After dealing with Four, yes I said four, flat tires she arrived in
time to be our last rider.
The topper to all this is that it was her birthday.

(I didn't know about this when it happened)
At one point Sir Alexis was riding with the King, when they went outside the
course into the range behind the archery targets. Patric de long Coure, our
grounds crew master, called "HOLD" and showed them the line they had crossed.
(He told me that he did not realize at first that he was addressing the King.
He did enjoy telling Alexis that he was doing something wrong.)
Patric and his grounds crew did not get mentioned at Saturday evening court
for all the hard work they did. I mentioned this to Baroness Catrin. She
agreed they should be thanked and said to send him to court Sunday morning. I
did. When the King saw him being thanked, he unexpectedly gave Patric his
AOA.(Protecting the life of your king is always a Good thing to do. Even when
you don't realize you are doing so.)

We did have one thing go wrong. Sunday a pair of gloves, in the Lancer style,
black with red dags, went missing from the table at the Equestrian list
field. They were made for a small hand so possibly a child picked them up to
play with. If you find them please let Aimee know. She can get them to the
owner.

I had the priviledge to be the list mistress and I wish to say thank you to
all who helped me. Thank you and VIVAT to all the riders And grounds crew for
making this a wonderful event.

A veery tired Gabriele Rene' de Bernard