ES - Life is good in Elfsea

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:42:13 PST 2000

Buenos Dias!

Someone asked a couple of months ago "Why is Life Good in Elfsea"? I have
been thinking on this subject since it was first asked. During that time I
saw many very good reasons why life is so good in Elfsea. I knew in my heart
why but could never put my feelings into words until now.

Life is good in Elfsea for many reasons. But, I think the main reason is
that we really love and care for one another.

Since I have joined (January of this year), I have observed several
illnesses of not just our members but their mundane families. Each time
there was a medical crisis, we pulled together for prayers and/or our
financial resources to help the family that was in need and helped them
through their toughest hour.

I also have observed, our members throwing in ideas when a mundane problem
occurred. A few months ago after the double murder in my apartment complex,
I posted to this list that I was very afraid to live in that complex. Within
minutes, I recieved dozens of e-mails with names of realtors, and other
apartment complexes. I really appreciated all the suggestions, but what
really got me was all the prayers and your concern for us. I didn't feel so
alone.

Life has been wonderful for me because for the first time in my life I met a
man that has treated me and my children with such kindness that at times I
wondered if I was just imagining him. Though I had only met him once at
Clothier's Guild and spent a day with him at Scarborough, I quickly fell in
love with him (and he with me) at Springfaire this year. After Springfaire,
many of you showed concern for Phelippe by asking me 9 kinds of questions. I
was really touched by everyone's concern. Well, now just 6 months later, I
am happily wed to Phelippe. Diane and Ryan are adjusting very well to our
union. Diane started calling Phelippe "daddy" before we even left the
courthouse. There have been many other such unions in our Barony and I love
to hear the tales of romance that Elfsea has inspired and created.

So, Why is Life Good in Elfsea?  Many reasons my friends, but it is our love
for one another that keeps us close not just as friends, but family.

Yours,
Maria

PS....Phelippe: No wise cracking replies!! Remember, I know where you sleep,
dear! <evil grin>