ES - Camping together (was Autumn Melees)

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 14 14:02:02 PST 2000

>From: "Wilim Penbras" <wilim.penbras at pandora.org>
>
>I've been thinking about Our travels this weekend and thinking about >how
>much stuff we all seem to duplicate when we travel.  Is keeping >everything
>to a minimum an issue or have you all done this enough not >to have to
>worry about it?

That depends.  When we are camping together, we usually do make an effort to
keep duplicates from occurring.  But I haven't seen any planning being done
to actually do this.  Just an idea mentioned as to whether people would be
interested.

>I generally try to pack enough to be self sufficient but if we're >going as
>a unit then we should probably try to minimize duplications.  >I don't know
>about anyone else but I always bring enough drinks for an >army.  We're
>still working on the water bought for Mendersham Defender >and the case of
>water I bought for 3 Kings only got opened because it >was easier to pack
>in the icechest than carry it seperatly.

And others will also pack enough food for an army (Xene, Arabella, etc.)
Others have equipment that makes it easier to get food hot (Padraig &
Polydore, Caelin, Crandall, etc.)

>I'm a firm believer that a large group can camp alot easier than as
> >individuals.  I'm bringing armour, a spouse and our pavillion, Not
> >neccessarily in that order.  I'm guessing those that have armour and
> >spouses should probably bring there own, sharing IS frowned upon, but
> >just about everything else can be offered up as community property.

True.  Sharing is nice.  But planning to share is even nicer!  That way,
people know who is sharing what, and how much there is to share.

>I guess the question is what do we need to do to coordinate things.  I
> >always group things in Four groups.  Eating, Sleeping, Fighting, and
> >Enjoying.

You need THE PLAN!  THE PLAN is something you make up to control the DETAILS
(ooooooooh)!! And then if you have a question, you can always refer to THE
PLAN.  How many people are coming - look at THE PLAN, who is bringing water
- look at THE PLAN, who likes fish-flavored tacos - don't ask me, I won't
make 'em, but they might be part of THE PLAN.

>Starting to babble.  I think I might have gotten the question across.  >Any
>comments, questions, lashes with a wet noodle?

Sounds like you need - THE PLAN!

Sincerely,
Alessandra
Baroness of Elfsea