List policies (was Re: ES - Fwd: Fw: Please do this!)

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Mon Oct 30 13:56:07 PST 2000

Greetings, Galen and Elfsea!

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org wrote:

> I'm not the listadmin of this group anymore, but I did
> found this list, and I wrote the rules for it.

Some mail lists I am subscribed to, especially the ones with lots of
traffic, periodically post the charter/rules for the list automatically,
the interval seeming to depend on the traffic. This helps keep everyone
cognizant that there are specific rules concerning mail list membership.

_I_ know the general rules for any mail list, but not everyone has the
benefit of my experience. :)

I have a couple of questions about the list in general and perhaps the
answers will help everyone.

1. Who is the current list administrator?

2. Is there a place where the rules specific to this list are posted or
otherwise publicly accessible?

3. Is there a recommended place for the newcomer to the internet to find
general "netiquet" information?

Thank you as always for your steady hand,

Sluggy!

--

------

I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same
thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why
didn't I take the BLUE pill?