ES - Bardic Competition at Tarkus's

Ori Pomerantz ori at simple-tech.com
Tue Oct 3 20:06:33 PDT 2000

	Hi,

> This is the last bardic that will be hosted at Kragenworth Keep, and
> is the final quarterly bardic competition for the coveted leather
> bard's cloak which has been the passdown prize.  It is my
> understanding that the winner of the competition will retain the cloak
> permanently.
	I think [s]he should only retain it until such time as there's
another quarterly Elfsea Bardic competition organized someplace else, but
that's just my opinion. Since I'm not going to win that cloak unless I do
it by a remarkable feat of favoritism, my opinion doesn't count for much.

> Uriah of Hebron, current holder of the cloak, has chosen "Betrayal" as
> the theme for the competition pieces.  Uriah, perhaps you will expand
> on this for us if you read this email.
	Any story of betrayal would do, but I really prefer stories where
the person committing the treason does it for a good and honorable
reason. The ideal would be where somebody does something dishonorable for
a greater good - like perjuring yourself at court to save the kingdom.

> My thanks go to Lord Tarkus for opening his home to us on so many
> occasions.  Little did we think, when we held the first bardic at
> Kragenworth Keep some four years ago with less then a dozen folk in
> attendance, that it would grow to be the well attended and much
> anticipated gathering that it has been for so long now.  It will be a
> fondly-remembered and sadly-missed part of life in the Barony of
> Elfsea.

	Hear! Hear!

	In Service,
	Though not as much so as Tarkus,
		Uriah of Hebron
--

PGP Fingerprint: 81C9 3CD4 5B66 0447 F2D7  A932 DFF6 ED64 D0EC 5588

         /"\
         \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
          X      Against HTML Mail
         / \