[Elfsea] Vikings: The North Atlantic Saga

GeekGrrl geekgrrl at geekgrrl.org
Mon Aug 20 09:55:33 PDT 2001

Kom heil og sael!

I have been wanting to go see "Vikings: The North Atlantic Saga", the
Smithsonian exhibit currently at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. I
know it is short notice, but Labor Day Weekend is just the weekend after
next, and seems to me would be a perfect time to get together a group to
make the trek southwards to this exhibit. This is a four+plus hour
drive... an overnight stay somewhere is recommended so that there is no
need to rush through the exhibit with travel-dazed eyes.

Tickets for the exhibit are $10 for adult, $3 for child. However, there is
a discount for groups of 20+. The ticket price is then $8 each. This
includes general admission to the museum's other main exhibit halls and
the tickets are timed for entry every 15 minutes to the Viking
Exhibit. Advanced reservations are very much recommended.

The museum is open Monday - Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 11-6. There is a
McDonald's in the Museum proper. There is a parking garage at $3 per
vehicle.

If anyone is interested on going this Labor Day weekend, please contact me
asap. I would like to make reservations by Wednesday, August
29. Carpooling would be an excellent idea to save gas and parking
costs. Gas prices are sure to rise that weekend. Carpooling also means
that we might be able to start out early am Saturday and return that same
day without the need for an overnight stay, as the driving could then be
shared.

If you would like to participate, let me know your thoughts on the matter!

Lady Sunnifa Eiriksdottir
Herald, Canton of Lindenwood