[Elfsea] Crandall said it first...

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at attbi.com
Tue Dec 11 23:11:09 PST 2001

Folks I know this isn't the usual thing we are supposed to get on the list.
Crandall said it first and I agree with him very much.  God does sometimes
answer yes.

My sister sent this to me.  And it again reminded me that things are and
will ever be different on our world.

This is a little long, but well worth the time ...

1. Last Christmas we were thinking about all the
   things we didn't have; This Christmas we are
   thinking about all the things we do have.

2. Last Christmas we were placing wreaths on the
   doors of our homes.  This Christmas we are placing
   wreaths on the graves of our heroes.

3. Last Christmas we were letting our sons play with
   toy guns; This Christmas we are teaching them that
   guns are not toys.

4. Last Christmas we were counting our money; This
   Christmas we are counting our blessings.

5. Last Christmas we were paid lip service to the
   real meaning of the holidays; This Christmas we are
   paying homage to it.

6. Last Christmas we were lighting candles to
   decorate; This Christmas we are lighting candles to
   commemorate.

7. Last Christmas we were digging deep into our bank
   accounts to find the money to fly home for the
   holidays; This Christmas we are digging deep into
   our souls to find the courage to do so.

8. Last Christmas we were trying not to let annoying
   relatives get the best of us; This Christmas we are
   trying to give the best of ourselves to them.

9. Last Christmas we thought it was enough to
   celebrate the holidays; This Christmas we know we
   must also find ways to consecrate them.

10. Last Christmas we thought a man who could rush
   down a football field was a hero; This Christmas we
   know a man who rushes into a burning building is the
   real one.

11. Last Christmas we were thinking about the
   madness of the holidays; This Christmas we are
   thinking about the meaning of them.

12. Last Christmas we were getting on one another's
   nerves; This Christmas we are getting on our knees.

13. Last Christmas we were giving thanks for gifts
   from stores; This Christmas we are giving thanks for
   gifts from God.

14. Last Christmas we were wondering how to give our
   children all the things that money can buy - the
   hottest toys, the latest fashions, the newest
   gadgets; This Christmas we are wondering how to give
   them all the things it can't - a sense of security,
   safety, peace.

15. Last Christmas we were thinking about all the
   pressure we are under at the office; This Christmas
   we are thinking about all the people who no longer
   have an office to go to.

16. Last Christmas we were singing carols; This
   Christmas we are singing anthems.

17. Last Christmas we were thinking how good it
   would feel to be affluent. This Christmas we are
   thinking how good it feels to be alive.

18. Last Christmas we thought angels were in heaven;
   This Christmas we know some are right here on earth.

19. Last Christmas we were contemplating all the
   changes we wanted to make in the New Year; This
   Christmas we are contemplating all the changes we
   will have to make in this new reality.

20. Last Christmas we believed in the power of the
   pocketbook; This Christmas we believe in the power
   of prayer.

21. Last Christmas we were
   sharing/spreading/listening to gossip; This
   Christmas we are sharing/spreading/listening to the
   Gospel.

22. Last Christmas we were complaining about how
   much of our earning went to pay taxes; This
   Christmas we comprehend that freedom isn't free.

23. Last Christmas we valued things that were
   costly; This Christmas we value things that are holy.

24. Last Christmas the people we idolized wore
   football, basketball and baseball uniforms; This
   Christmas the people we idolize wear police,
   firefighters and military uniforms.

25. Last Christmas "peace on earth" is something we
   prayed for on Sunday  mornings; Now it is something
   we pray for every day.