[Elfsea] Crandall said it first...

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 07:55:36 PST 2001

Arabella posted:

> 10. Last Christmas we thought a man who could rush
>    down a football field was a hero; This Christmas
>    we know a man who rushes into a burning building
is
>    the real one.

> 24. Last Christmas the people we idolized wore
>    football, basketball and baseball uniforms; This
>    Christmas the people we idolize wear police,
>    firefighters and military uniforms.

My friends,

these statements are so true. My father has been a
firefighter for over twenty years and, each day that
he goes to work I thank the heavens that he is safe
and that he comes home after every shift.

The best way to thank these guys is to do some sort of
service in their name. Donate to SantaCops or offer to
help with a fire station's Christmas dinner. Spend a
little bit of your holiday helping others in need.
Many of these brave men and women spend the holidays
away from their families to guarantee that yours will
be safe. Donate a toy or canned goods to a shelter in
the name of a firefighter, police officer or soldier
you know (or don't know) to show you care. If you
haven't already, thank a police officer or firefighter
today. If you get pulled over (which no one likes), I
know they'll just say that they are doing their jobs
but...in their hearts, they know you mean it.

I am proud to be a fireman's daughter and always will
be.

Lady Eleanor Cleavely
mka: Heather Ault Nieto

=====